The Lord has been good to me over the course of the past week – and actually for much longer than that, when you think about it. 💛 For this week’s post on gratitude, I wanted to take a moment and recount the specific instances of God’s faithfulness in my life over the past seven days:
- My big brother’s birthday was on Monday! He just turned 51, although he doesn’t look a day over 30 (praise God for youthful genes in the family!). I am grateful that I enjoy a good relationship with my brother and with my family members in general, and that we are all in reasonably good health.
- I also had a good interview for a potential job on Monday, as well. If it be God’s will, I pray that He opens the door, as I really feel quite excited about this opportunity.
- I was able to return to church this past weekend, after not being able to go the previous weekend due to an ankle injury I have (in case you didn’t know, the month of May was a bit rough on the health front – there were several different health things that I dealt with, but God has graciously resolved all of them except the ankle – and that is getting better!).
- I had the opportunity to catch up with another good friend I had not seen for awhile, and we were able to really encourage one another in the Lord and celebrate His blessings in our lives (even if some challenges remain). Good friends really are a gift! I am striving to be intentional about my relationships; and while we are all prone to busyness, our close friendships are just as important as the things we do each day – perhaps even moreso.
- The weather continues to be absolutely stunning, and I am enjoying it. Lord willing, if my ankle gets better, I would love to make a trip to the beach with a friend of mine, but I’m not going to rush into things. Still, a beach day would be lovely! Carmel, here I come…? I’ve missed you so! 😀
- Using my prayer app, I have been able to track how God is answering specific prayers for myself and others, and that encourages my heart. I’m still waiting for answers on many other matters, but it is heartening to see the Lord at work in my and in others’ lives, too.
- My sleep continues to be good. This is a blessing! God has been showing me that I need to go “screen-free” by 11pm, and that means that I turn my phone off completely, and my laptop is switched off by then – if not earlier – too. I then intentionally leave both devices in another room, and do not switch them on again until the morning. This approach has been quite successful for me so far, and the Lord has been faithful to wake me up right on time each morning – no alarm needed.
So thanks for reading this, and let’s remember to celebrate the “great things” that God continues to do in our lives. Indeed, as it says in Psalm 126, “the Lord has done great things for us; are glad!” ⭐️